Input Devices for a 3D World
Welcome to the Spacemice Wiki
What are Spacemice?A typical computer mouse has only two degrees of freedom. Translational motion along X and Y axis. Some would argue that the mouse wheel offers a 3rd degree of freedom, allowing for the input of Z data. Though the rolling of a mouse wheel with your finger isnt exactly intuitive as related to vertical motion as picking the mouse up off the desk would be. In 3D applications, it is more often used to 'zoom' the viewing area in and out.
By contrast, Spacemice allow six degrees of freedom. (6DOF)
The puck or ball of a spacemouse can be moved along X, Y and Z axis as well as being twisted rotationally on each of those axis. (Roll, Pitch and Yaw)
This wiki is dedicated to the gathering of any and all historical information pertaining to the various models of these controllers.
• CHECK OUT :: Hypersonic's study of 6DOF devices.
We now maintain a Page for general 3D mouse discussion, Q&A, and site announcements.
Where to Find Spacemice• 3DConnexion -- SpaceNavigator, SpacePilot Pro, SpaceMouse Pro
• SpaceControl -- Makers of the SpaceController, Germany
• Spacial Freedom -- Home of the Astroid 6000, Australia
• Lexip3D -- Homepage of the Lexip 3D Pro
• eBay Listings (Computers & Networking)
• eBay Listings (Business & Industrial)
Official Driver Software• 3DxWare -- Official drier software for 3DConnexion devices
• Spatial Freedom -- Drivers and plugins for the Astroid 6000
• SpaceController -- Software downloads for the SpaceController
Open Source Projects• LibSBall -- Driver library for serial Spaceballs
• LibOrb -- Driver library files for SpaceOrb/Spaceball Avenger
• spacenavd -- Linux driver for 3DConnexion Spacemice
• spacenav-plus -- Fork of spacenavd for Magellan devices
• spnavkbd -- Translates spacemouse movement to keypresses
• Orbduino -- Arduino project allowing serial spacemice to be used as USB HID.
• Orbotron 9000 GitHub repository -- Latest software for this Serial to USB Adapter
• HIDSporb Project -- A Windows driver for the SpaceOrb.
• Spaceball vJoy Feeder -- Recognize Spaceballs as joysticks via vJoy
• SBW -- Spaceball 5000 support for Windows 8
• ControlMyJoystick -- App to use SpaceNavigator as a 6DOF joystick.
• relabsd -- Tool for converting relative motion into absolute.
• Blender Compatibility
• Using a SpaceController with Blender
• Windows 8 + Spaceball 5000 + Blender + SBW.
• New Product Release:: Spacemouse Enterprise
Dec-04-2015 Yet another...
• Collection update:: #50 Spaceball 3003
Aug-26-2015 Early Christmas...
• Collection update:: #49 SpaceExplorer USB
• Collection update:: #48 Cadman Serial
• Collection update:: #47 Spacemouse Classic USB
Aug-18-2015 Bucket List Shrinking...
• Collection update:: #46 Spaceball Avenger
• Collection update:: #45 SpaceNavigator Keyboard .
Apr-28-2015 New Page!!
• Showcasing unique production units.. Limited Editions
Apr-28-2015 New Device!!
• Added a new device, the Lexip 3D Pro
Dec-20-2014 New Software!!
• Use you SpaceNavigator as gaming joystick with ControlMyJoystick
Oct-19-2014 New Software!!
• Windows 8 Users can now use the Spaceball 5000 with Blender! SBW.
Sep-25-2014 New Home
• Welcome to WWW.SPACEMICE.ORG Update your bookmarks!
Aug-18-2014 Software Update
• spacenavd updated to version 0.6